Patient and Family Advisory Council
The purpose of the Dr. L.A. Miller Centre Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is to create a forum where patients and family members from across the province can provide insight, advice and support on a person-centred approach to the rehabilitation experience.
Eastern Health’s organizational values are key principles that guide the work and relationships within the Adult Rehabilitation PFAC.
The values of client and family-centred care at Eastern Health include the following:
- Dignity and Respect: We listen to and honor the client and family views and choices. The client knowledge, values, beliefs and cultural backgrounds are respected and considered in everything we do.
- Information Sharing: We share complete unbiased information with clients and families to help them participate in their care.
- Partnership and Participation: Clients and families are encouraged and supported to participate in their care and in decision-making.
- Collaboration: Clients and families work together with health-care team members in planning and in making decisions for their health care.
For more information, please see our terms of reference or contact program coordinator Jennifer Penney at Jennifer.Penney@easternhealth.ca.
We are recruiting!
- Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity?
- Have you had experience with adult rehabilitation at the Dr. L.A. Miller Centre within the last three years?
- Are you willing to share your experiences with us to make a positive impact in health-care delivery for other clients?
If you’ve answered yes to ALL of these questions, you can become a client and family advisor (CFA) for adult rehabilitation!
The role of a client and family advisor is to:
- volunteer his or her time (about one to four hours per month);
- support and encourage others to become involved and/or share information from other patients and families that will support improvements in care;
- participate in a variety of ways to improve care, such as new policy development, facility planning and client surveys;
- bring the patient and family perspective to the discussion table to facilitate organizational decision-making;
- improve communication between patient, families and staff; and to
- attend meetings, planned events, learning opportunities, or focus groups.
How to Apply
Call Client and Family-Centred Care at 709-777-6777, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer website.