Coming to rehabilitation as an outpatient
There are different types of services for outpatient rehabilitation. No matter what therapies your specific treatment includes, there are some general things to know when you come to rehabilitation as an outpatient.
You must arrange your own transportation to the Dr. L. A. Miller Centre. There are disabled parking places in front of the centre.
Wait times may vary depending on the service required.
Cell phones and photographs
Cell phone use and the taking of photographs is not permitted during therapy sessions.
Frequency of treatment
Frequency of treatment sessions will vary based on need and service required. Your clinician will provide further guidance.
- We request 24 hour notice if you are unable to keep an appointment.
- Please be on time for your appointment. If you are 15 minutes late for a scheduled appointment, the therapist may not be able to see you for treatment.
- If you miss an appointment and do not call to reschedule within one week, you may be discharged.
- If you receive therapy on a regular basis and miss three out of five consecutive therapy sessions, you may be discharged under a therapist’s direction. A letter will be sent to you stating the reason for discharge and how to access further services.
- For initial assessments, you will be discharged if you do not attend an initial assessment appointment and you do not call to cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled time. A letter will be sent to the referring agent stating the reason for discharge.