- Identification armbands must be worn at all times.
- Staff are required to check identification when giving medications or providing treatments.
- Please ask a staff member if you have any questions.
- Rehabilitation unit contact numbers are as follows:
- Rehabilitation Unit 2 North Nursing Station: 709-777-6292
- Rehabilitation Unit 2 South Nursing Station: 709-777-6472
- Rehabilitation Unit 3 South Nursing Station: 709-777-7367
- A telephone is available
- in the patient dining/lounge on the second (709-777-6533) and
- third floor (709-777-7824) for patient use.
- You may use cell phones.
- Cell phones are not permitted in therapeutic areas and are not to be used during therapeutic sessions.
- To maintain the privacy of other patients and visitors, taking pictures and/or videos with your cell phone, or similar device, is not permitted.
- Reading materials and cable tv are available in the patient lounge.
- Patient rooms have individual tv services you may wish to purchase and arrange to have hooked up.
- Free wi-fi is available on the units.
- A library and recreational equipment are also available through the recreation department.
- Wheelchairs, walkers and other types of equipment are available for you in the hospital and must be left on the unit when you are discharged.
- You may borrow this equipment when you go home on a leave of absence.
- Upon discharge, you will have to make arrangements to rent or borrow equipment from agencies such as the Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) .
- You may bring equipment that you currently use, such as a walker, cane or wheelchair, with you when admitted to rehabilitation.
- Laundry facilities are available for use by inpatients and patients are expected to wash their own clothes.
- The laundry room (room 205) is located on the second floor next to the elevator.
- Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Inpatients are required to supply their own scent-free detergent and fabric softener for high efficiency machines as per Eastern Health’s Scent-Free Policy.
Important things to know
- Cell phone use is not permitted during therapy sessions. In locations where cellular use has been prohibited, cellular devices must be powered off and not switched to “vibrate” or “silent” mode).
- Family and friends are asked not to give food to other patients. Questions regarding nutrition should be discussed with the dietician or nurse.
- Hot water bottles and Magic Bags are not permitted.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted. It is not appropriate to return to the unit from a pass “drunk” or “high”. To do so could result in privileges being revoked. Visitors to the unit must not be intoxicated.
- Smoking is not permitted on Eastern Health property. This includes all buildings and parking lots.