Who we are
Good nutrition can help you improve your physical and mental functioning and help improve your quality of life. Your dietitian will work with you to help you achieve your nutrition goals and help you with your nutrition-related concerns and challenges.
What we do
We assess and treat a variety of disorders including:
- neurological conditions (Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) multiple sclerosis, etc);
- dysphagia (for diet guidelines for changes in food texture);
- chronic pain;
- spinal cord injury;
- traumatic brain injury and
We also see clients receiving services from another rehabilitation day services clinician who may be referred for nutrition assessment and intervention for:
- type 2 diabetes;
- gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and
- desired weight gain/loss.
We work with you to determine an individualized treatment plan once you are assessed. The frequency of treatment may vary depending on the need and service required.
Who we see
Outpatient dietician services at the Dr. L. A. Miller Centre are available for clients aged 18 and older.
How to access this service
You can self-refer by calling 709-777-7891.
Health professionals can make a referral by completing the rehabilitation day services referral form (PDF).
Where we are
Dr. L. A. Miller Centre
100 Forest Road,
St. John’s, NL
How to reach us